Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ceramics!

Here are some different collages of some ceramics that I have done. I remember very well the steps for certain ceramics making or I can use my notes so if you have any questions or are stuck on something let me know. I will answer it to the best of my ability.



A mask made to symbolize the connection between man and animal that I titled "Intertwined Spirit." This one took me about 2 or so days to do. The figure was the hardest to do.


A bowl made by using a preset mold and slip then sanding the sides to be smooth. No title to this work. made for my mom.

A heart shaped container that was made using two dowels, hardening the clay, and lots of time and effort. This one took me about 3 days of almost non-stop to complete. It was stained not glazed. I messed up on the stain though.


A small pinch pot that was glazed with a fuchsia and detailed with glaze markers. I am not too skilled with making pinch pots but even still I did this one really fast, it only took me an hour or two to do this and I tried to make it look as nice as I could but I was worried about other projects I had to catch up on for the class. but it turned out pretty well. or so I think.



I can't remember the name of the technique used to make a bowl like this but it took me a while to do. Almost 2 days (some projects come easier to me and I work faster at them). This bowl is a bit lopsided but I had to hurry and finish because I had to leave due to a family emergency in a different state. I am not going to lie, I did not do the stain on this one. The girl sitting next to me did it and I payed her back by doing some of her works for her.



I did this for a 3D model for my Medical Science class. It took me 6 consecutive hours to complete. I wasn't too meticulous on this one but my ceramics teacher was nice enough to let me use extra clay to make it and he kiln fired it for me. I never got the chance to glaze it but it still looks nice. If you can't tell what it is, it's a half 3D model of the heart. My partner who was supposed to help got an F for non-participation, even though I told the teacher she helped when she didn't, the teacher knew that I did it. Oh well.


Well that's only a few of the things I have created in the art of ceramics. I am still learning different types of arts and techniques in this particular area and others also. But for now these will have to do. Hopefully I have inspired you to create something with ceramics.

No comments:

Post a Comment